We are currently partnered with one of the UK’s highest potential Property Investment firms on their search for a Financial Controller to facilitate their further growth. The business has gone from strength to strength in recent times and they are now in their scale up phase, targeting aggressive growth.
The Financial Controller will act as a number two to the CFO, effectively managing the day to day running of the Finance function and deputizing for the CFO when required. This role has a broad remit and will have ownership of various projects including implementing a new system, designing, and implementing new processes and numerous other transformation focused initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effective reporting and control for the group
- Budgeting & forecasting, as well as broader FP&A related tasks
- Act as the key source of knowledge on Technical Accounting/reporting queries
- Daily treasury management of cash e.g. underwriting and senior funding lines
- Preparing and presenting management & statutory financial statements at both individual entity and group level
- Ownership of the audit process and actioning any recommended improvements
- Management of junior staff
- Act as a Finance business partner to various key stakeholders, using dashboards, FP&A and other relevant to ‘paint a picture’ of the financial information
- Effective cashflow management
- Helping CFO to build the financial infrastructure with robust systems and controls
- Various other ad hoc projects and tasks
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with c.4-5 years post qualification experience
- Experience working as a Finance Manager/Controller within an SME
- Strong academics
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and Xero
- Hands on attitude
- Experience of working in a regulated environment would be desirable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hugely exciting business at a key time in their growth.