We are pleased to be working alongside a well-established, high growth Construction brand on their requirement for a Commercial Finance Manager in one of their key divisions. This role will act as the Commercial Finance partner to the both the FD and MD as well as various other senior stakeholders both Finance and non-Finance. The division has seen outstanding growth in recent times and the addition of this hire will help to ensure that this trend continues.
The role itself has a broad mix of tasks and responsibilities, a large proportion of which are ad hoc and variable in their nature but some key parts of the role include:
- Preparation and presentation of commercial analysis of relevant financial and non-financial data to senior leadership
- Ownership of various periodical, ad hoc and rolling budgeting and forecasting processes
- Delivery of monthly packs for the board alongside analysis, commentary and suggestions
- Maintenance and ownership of various MI and BI reports
- Where necessary, translate complex accounting matters into advice and guidance to MD
- Lead on various transformation initiatives including but not limited to system upgrades and improved processes
- Line management of an Analyst
- Various other ad hoc tasks
To be considered, a candidate should be/have:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Relevant post qualification experience, ideally in a similar or adjacent sector
- Strong commercial acumen, ability to use initiative and problem solve
- Effective communication and business partnering skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to come in a take ownership of Commercial Finance activities for the division, with a great deal of autonomy as well as mentorship from a great FD.