Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (No. 2)
Pharma (PE Backed)
We’re proud to be partnering with a London based, global Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences business on a retained search for a newly created FP&A Director position.
Reporting into the CFO, this role is a number 2 position. The preferred candidate will be able to step into this level comfortably with proven experience in supporting decision making, business control and growth by producing accurate and insightful information and analyses for use by the senior leaders.
Given their growth and private equity backing, as well as a need for higher level commercial insight and analysis, this role is perfect for a candidate who is both highly analytical and commercially minded, offering demonstrable examples of value creation.
One of the main initial requirements of the role will be streamlining and improving the overall reporting process, creating a culture of performance management by looking at the available data and drawing relevant hypotheses.
- Report financial performance actual and analyse the variances to budget, latest forecast and prior year
- Lead the long-term planning, the budgeting and the forecasting processes
- Partner and support business development and M&A activity
- Lead the FP&A team supporting the in-country and HQ leaders
- Using financial and non-financial, internal and external data, identify and validate performance improvement opportunities.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with Life Sciences experience preferred
- University degree in analytical discipline or Law
- Reporting experience
- Budgeting, forecasting and planning experience
- Proven experience in challenging performance
- Modelling – extensive experience of excel, power BI and similar tools
- Experience in participating in due diligence to challenge business development models
For more information please apply to this role or enquire below