Phipps Cameron are partnering with a PE backed biotech business based in Cambridge to recruit a Senior Group Accountant on a permanent basis. This role will report directly into the Group Financial Controller, taking responsibility for all group reporting in the business. This role has great prospects for progression and to be part of a company that have been growing year on year.
The key duties for this Senior Group Accountant will be:
- Financial Reporting: Lead the preparation and presentation of accurate and timely financial statements for the group, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards.
- Consolidation: Manage the consolidation process for the group, including subsidiaries, ensuring accurate and efficient reporting of financial performance.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and manage the group's budgeting and forecasting processes, providing insightful analysis and recommendations.
- Audit Coordination: Act as the main point of contact for external auditors, coordinating the audit process and ensuring compliance with audit requirements.
- Process Improvement: Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement within the finance function, implementing best practices to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ ACCA) with a strong academic background.
- Proven experience in a senior group accounting role, preferably within a large business
- Sound knowledge of financial reporting standards and consolidation processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Competitive salary of £80,000 - £90,000 per annum.
- 2-3 days Hybrid working
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement in a dynamic and innovative industry.