Our client is a PE backed Fintech business who have grown from strength to strength over the years and are now looking to grow their Corporate Strategy team. Due to internal promotions, they are looking to recruit a Corporate Strategy Principal. The role will be an important contributor to the businesses’ Strategy mandate in providing support for planning and execution of major strategic initiatives.
Based in London, the candidate will work with a broad range of individuals including senior management, functional groups, the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and outside advisors and consultants. Strategic initiatives will often span the organization and require coordination across a number of business units and functional groups to ensure clarity of scope and desired outcomes.
The successful candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Support the strategic planning process – both supporting individual line of businesses as they write their strategic plans and help write the corporate level strategic plan
- Provide analytical and research support for any projects the corporate strategy group undertakes (both enterprise-level projects and line of business projects). For example:
- Industry trends and development
- Competitor research and analysis
- Financial modelling and business case analysis
- Other ad-hoc research or analysis required
- Liaise with key stakeholders to gather data, get input on results and gain support for conclusions
- Document project findings for discussion with working teams, the ELT and Board
- Create and manage project timelines (across multiple competing projects)
- Cultivate a thorough knowledge of the product portfolio
- Monitor and maintain an updated perspective on the FinTech industry, as well as companies, technologies, and new markets of interest to the business
Skills and Experience:
- 5-6 years’ experience, ideally within a top tier consulting business or in-house within a Fintech or Software business
- Experience in software and/or financial services
- Ability to think strategically, work with complex data and information and present findings, issues and recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting; proficiency in financial modelling and financial statement analyses
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written;