Phipps Cameron are partnering with the leading financial markets infrastructure and data provider company, who are seeking a Manager to join their M&A team in New York. The role gives the individual a unique opportunity to contribute to and develop experience and expertise in all parts of the M&A process whilst influencing the future group strategy and supporting the execution of the inorganic growth plan.
You’ll support the Head of M&A in managing the entire M&A process of a dynamic, international, fast-growing financial markets infrastructure and data provider company. They have very high organic growth expanded by regular acquisitions that you will help accelerate even more – and grow while you do so.
- Expand the M&A pipeline in line with our M&A strategy: analyse and evaluate markets and companies, build relationships in the construction technology industry, find new targets, and evaluate them against our strategy.
- Manage the cross-functional due diligence process supported by external advisors and collaborating with function leads
- Identify & effectively communicate key deal issues and possible remediations
- Support in negotiating letters of intent and sale and purchase agreements
- Coordinate with the post-merger integration manager to ensure that the acquired companies are smoothly integrated into the organisation and culture
- Support the Controlling & Business Analysis team on an as-needed basis with business cases, price decisions, planning (forecast, budgeting, 3-year plan), and cost optimization
- Participate in reporting directly to the management team, banks/lenders, and to our shareholders
Successfully completed studies in business or comparable education
3+ years of professional experience in the areas of investment banking, corporate development/finance, transaction advisory, or M&A
Experience with M&A – exposure to the entire process of M&A from deal origination, pipeline management to acquisition (DD, SPA)
Past international exposure, either gained during studies or work
Fluent in English
Excellent analytical, presentation, and communication skills
Pragmatic, can-do attitude with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility
Outstanding business acumen and strong commercial sense