We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced corporate finance professional, with 7- 10+ years’ high-quality transactional experience, to join our M&A team. This is a pivotal role with exposure to senior executives on a variety of strategic and transactional projects.
What you’ll be doing
You will support and lead aspects of both origination & execution of Corporate Development and M&A opportunities, to support the company’s strategy and financial plans:
- Origination and strategy / corporate development
- Identify, articulate, develop and evaluate new business opportunities, both in-footprint and out-of-footprint, working in a team environment (collaborating with our executive team and other key stakeholder groups).
- Play a key role in developing clear recommendations upon which our executives base their decision-making. Amongst other things, this will include writing “M&A investment thesis” materials covering strategic, financial and execution considerations, and confidently articulating / presenting these materials.
- Apply judgement in evaluating, critiquing, and stress testing Business Plan analysis that has been produced by the company’s commercial, strategy or finance teams.
- Apply creativity and judgement in developing financial models & analysis, as well as associated valuation and returns analysis, providing objectivity and rigour to the assessment of opportunities.
- Remain abreast of key industry developments, including current / rumoured M&A situations, and preparing succinct exec briefing where required.
- M&A deal execution
- Apply judgement and creativity to advise on optimal deal structure / negotiating strategy reflecting: (i) The company’s strategic objectives; and (ii) the dynamics of the situation.
- Be responsible for driving progress on transactions, including managing the overall process.
- Incorporate inputs from DD teams, in order to identify & flag risks in legal documents / SPA, applying judgement as to the best way to address such risks.
- Contribute towards principal-to-principal transaction negotiations with external counterparties, either in a leading or supporting role (depending on the nature of the deal).
- Alongside internal and external legal counsel, be responsible for reviewing SPAs,
- Shareholders’ Agreements, and other legal transaction documents.
- Develop deal approval / sign-off materials for the company’s executives.
What we are looking for
- A depth of high-quality M&A transactional experience, preferably in the Broking/FS sector, and ideally within either: (a) corporate finance advisory; (b) transaction services; or (c) an in-house corporate environment.
- “Growth mindset” – you’ll need to identify and articulate strategic benefits of opportunities, a resourceful approach to research, and a proactive approach towards driving projects forward.
- Strong collaboration skills – you’ll need to build strong working relationships with, commercial, legal, finance and executive teams, in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Strong oral and written communication, including a talent for distilling complex concepts and articulating them in a clear, succinct fashion.
- Confidence and experience in navigating legal documents and positions on M&A transactions.