To lead all M&A activity for the Group’s divisions across US and EMEA. Taking strategic ownership of all aspects of M&A activity from identification of opportunities, negotiating deals and leading deal execution.
- Identification and origination of acquisition opportunities, reaching understanding of the opportunities, the development of the strategic and financial case (in partnership with the businesses) and the development of integration planning. In short this role represents the “business” rather than owning the deal.
- Lead in sourcing opportunities, converting to deals and overall execution.
- Provide M&A project leadership and transaction process planning including coordination with other Divisional and Group functions (e.g. legal, strategy, finance, tax, HR, PR) and external advisers. This includes management of due diligence processes and preparation for divestments.
- Develop and maintain an acquisition pipeline to identify and cultivate target opportunities that meet divisional strategic objectives.
- Assess opportunities to ensure that they are in line with the Divisions strategic goals and financial metrics.
- Able to assess, advise and manage possible divestments.
- Preparation and review of detailed valuation analyses.
- Compilation and review of financial and operational information.
- Drive the successful execution of the transactions and provide support to develop and implement integration plans that includes suitable performance tracking reports.
- Provide analysis and support documentation to communicate M&A projects to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- You should note that your title and job description are not exhaustive and the Company may require you from time to time to undertake other reasonable tasks within your capacity.
- Direct and control the work and resources of the BU and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff to ensure that it achieves its mission and objectives.
- Prepare an annual business plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Provide strategic advice to the President of the Division/s of developments within the industries and ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet the Divisional missions and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of working in a fast-paced, highly competitive, and dynamic environment.
- Collaborative approach: able to partner effectively with internal departments (from Divisional CEOs through to Legal) and external advisors.
- Excellent financial acumen, including financial analysis, valuation techniques and modelling. The candidate will have worked on in-depth operational and valuation financial modelling and will have the ability to generate new business through developing strong relationships.
- Strong negotiator, as well as a promising/established leader of managing the entire life cycle/integration.
- Able to identify markets, industries, technologies and after-markets that complement the overall M&A strategy and translate these into specified targets.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills across different levels and functions, and across the business.
- High commercial awareness.
- Effective influencing and communication skills: both written and verbal.
- International deal experience is highly desired, as is an awareness of cultural differences.
- Knowledge of engineering, technology or flow control markets desirable but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills: as a representative of the business and a part of the Group, rather than just the Corporate Development team, the candidate will be confident, approachable and flexible.
- Travel %: 50% to 75% no travel restrictions
- Security: No US citizenship or Permanent Resident required