Phipps Cameron are partnering with a global consumer business who are looking to recruit for a Corporate Development Director. The Director of Corporate Development is a key leader in executing the businesses long-term inorganic strategy. Working very closely with the VP of Corporate Development and interacting with the segment leadership, Strategy team and other business functions, this person has deep expertise in navigating the M&A ecosystem across the globe, leading governance processes to obtain informed “go/no go” decisions from the OOP and Board. This role has no direct reports. However the role is a critical support to the VP of Corporate Development by independently leading the execution of M&A projects, including the team members assigned to such projects.
Together with the SVP, VP and GC, Corporate Development, partner with the business's Strategy, Segment leadership teams and other business functions to execute the companies inorganic strategies with excellence.
- Play a co-pilot role to the VP of Corporate Development by independently leading the execution of some M&A projects, following governance processes to obtain informed “go/no go” decisions from OOP and company Board
- Together with other senior members of the Corporate Development team, lead negotiations with our counterparties’ C-Suite and advisors and with presentations to the OOP and company Board on critical acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures
- Lead M&A due diligence, valuation, deal structuring of inorganic projects and coordinate support from advisors (investment banks, financial advisors and other consultants), management and other functions
- Partners with the VP of Corporate Development to build and maintain a global network of investment banking and PE houses contacts to feed deal pipeline and provide the business with sophisticated, effective M&A advice
- Develop seamless connectivity between Corporate Development, Strategy, senior leaders and external advisors to ensure that and its leaders have continuous and easy access to best in class services and external advice
- Participate in coaching and training of other members of the Corporate Development teams (Managers and Senior Analysts) to ensure sustainable and effective execution of global inorganic strategy
- Contribute to the formal trainings for the team
- Participate to the recruiting efforts of the team
- Reports to the VP of Corporate Development
- Significant level of interaction with the SVP of Corporate Development and the General Counsel, Corporate Development
- No direct reports; however must form strong working relationships with Corporate Development team members and support their development objectives