This is a unique opportunity to join a highly successful household name brand with cross sector exposure with an Entrepreneurial feel. The role will support the Director of Corporate Strategy & Development in analysing and supporting the strategy for new Investment Opportunities to grow the business. The role will have the opportunity to lead and support on a wide variety of corporate strategy projects. You will be deeply involved in the setting of our corporate development strategy and reviewing and executing inbound and outbound corporate development opportunities.
The Strategy and Corporate Development team develops and communicates strategy, and drives execution of that strategy via inorganic action and organic growth or transformation initiatives in collaboration with commercial teams. This small but actively growing team within a wider business offers significant personal and professional development opportunity; working with a high calibre team that fosters the full suite of strategy, analysis, M&A, partnership and transformation execution insights and skills.
- Analysing the strategy for new investment opportunities
- Develop and maintain the pipeline of opportunities.
- Work effectively with divisions to develop, nurture and refine development opportunities.
- Help to build iconic businesses and transform the way they interact with customers
The successful candidate:
- You will have at least 3-4 years spent working in a Top Tier Strategy Consulting firm
- Subsequent experience working on strategic projects in a highly entrepreneurial or fast paced environment
- Strong influencing skills and well-developed critical analysis skills
- Strong Commercial acumen
- Ideally some experience working with emerging technologies
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong analytical skillset ability to work with and investigate complex industries or markets using a structured financial modelling approach.
- Evidence of executing complex corporate development, strategic and/or investment projects, with evidence of strong process management
- Ability to create strategic plans and drive impactful recommendations to drive business growth.
- Proven ability to support or lead in the origination of new corporate development opportunities against a strategy or theme, delivering to both brand and financial criteria.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working with multi- level stakeholders, global business metrics and value drivers.
Salary: Circa 80-100k base salary DOE + bonus + benefits